10 Theatre Skills: Students will Learn.....
1. Confidence: Theatre teaches students to take command in any situation and to overcome a fear of public speaking. It teaches them to have confidence.
2. Creativity: Students will learn how to think creatively through role-playing.
3. Focus: Having to listen and contribute during a play helps to develop key focus skills. Theatre arts teach students to build greater concentration and keep their minds on the current task.
4. Accountability: Students will learn how important their role is to a group activity.
5. Dedication: Students will learn dedication through practice and delivering a final result. They learn how to show up on time,
develop good work habits and put forth a great effort to deliver a successful show.
6. Body language: Theatre teaches nonverbal communication. Students will learn how to show their emotions through body language and how different movements are interpreted by others.
7. Teamwork: Students will learn the importance of working together.
8. Determination: Developing determination at a young age helps them reach their goals in the future. With consistent practice and determination, students get a feeling of accomplishment after a performance.
9. Receiving constructive feedback: Receiving criticism is something that many adults have trouble with and may look at it as a negative part of their job. Through the theater, students will learn that feedback is just another part of the learning process, not something that should be taken personally.
10. Problem solving: Students will learn critical problem-solving skills in the theatre arts. These practices will help children develop an important skill that is necessary as adults.